Jul 8, 2019
If you have a business or brand and you want to increase your
credibility and make more money -- you should be podcasting, that's
according to VP of Podcaster Relations at Libsyn Rob
Libsyn is the world's largest media host. It's where top
podcasters like Joe Rogan, Sam Harris and Marc Maron host their
podcasts along with 50,000 other shows. They've been publishing
podcasts since 2004 and have more than 92 million monthly audience
This, of course, gives Rob Walch insider knowledge when it comes
to measuring downloads, monetization and what it takes to
successfully promote your podcast.
- Why social media followers don’t mean podcast
- Average Downloads.
- 150 downloads in 30 days, is the median measurement
for people who are “serious” podcasts.
- If you’re getting 5,000 downloads per episode you’re
in the top 5 percent of podcasts.
- There’s approximately 600 Million bloggers vs
600,000 podcasters: that’s a 1000:1 ratio. Room
- 4.5:1 ratio IOS listeners to Android listeners, but
there are 5x more Android devices in the world.
- Google is working to make “Google Podcast” a native
podcast app for android users.
- Your “RSS Feed,” supplied by your media host, like
Libsyn, is the treasure map of your content on the internet
- How to get your podcast on Apple’s New and
Noteworthy list and what that means for your downloads
- Word of mouth is the best way to spread /promote
- The most popular podcast are an hour long
- The average of the top 200 podcasts in iTunes is 68
mins long, the median is 55 mins.
- More people listen to podcasts each month than Siris
XM or Pandora in the US.
- Podcasting is still a predominately male industry
with approximately 15 percent of female podcasters
- Secret to growth: “Be Everywhere.”
- Apple Podcasts / iTunes
- iHeart Radio
- Radio Public
- Podcast Addict
- Smart Speakers
- You can make your podcast an Alexa Skill
- If your show is less than 10 minutes, you can create
an Alexa Briefing
- 86 percent consume on smart phone